Recomp Certification adds nutrition coverage to the Recomp insurance of Recomp Registered Personal Trainers and separates them further from the disreputable fitness industry masses.
Certification is rapid, inexpensive and unobtrusive. It is awarded for passing 3 simple, relevant tests to prove excellence. And it is only available to experienced PT’s who walk-the-talk and specialise exclusively in body recomposition diet and training!
benefits of recomp certification
Recomp Certification results in:
- adding full nutrition coverage to the Recomp insurance
- Australia’s only complete insurance for bodybuilding contest preparation
- formal differentiation of exceptional coaches above the disreputable masses of Personal Trainers in Fitness
- a full page promoting your services and location in the Recomp Directory
Recomp Certification is not awarded for sitting a course. It is only available to experienced Personal Trainers who can prove their existing competence at lifting weights and applying sports nutrition to manipulate body composition. You must:
- have 2+ years experience coaching clients with weights (5+ years for Specialist certification)
- solely offer a body recomposition service (based on weight training and sport nutrition)
- be registered with Recomp
how to get certified
Experienced Personal Trainers only need pass 3 simple tests:
There are 3 levels of Recomp Certification
- Recomp Trainer: an excellent personal trainer with >2 years experience training in the gym for body recomposition. Qualified to train clients* in the gym for body recomposition**.
- Recomp Coach: an exceptional personal trainer with >3 years experience in training and dieting for body recomposition. Qualified to train and diet clients* for body recomposition**.
- Recomp Specialist: a body recomposition guru with >5 years extensive experience and expertise in body recompositioning at all levels. Qualified to train and assess personal trainers for Recomp Certification, mentor Recomp Trainers and Coaches, and also train and diet clients* for body recomposition**. Greater focus on diet and training programming and consulting than client coaching.
* unlike fitness professionals or strength coaches, ‘clients’ includes both athletes and members of the public
** ‘body recomposition’ includes bodybuilding and powerlifting competition preparation all the way through to general fitness.
steps to recomp certification
- Cert 4 in Fitness or ASCA Level 1 Strength Coach
- you must have been coaching people with weights as your primary occupation for at least:
- Trainer: 2 years
- Coach: 3 years
- Specialist: 5 years
- The Strength Test involves demonstrating your best possible barbell Squat, Bench Press & Deadlift performance (ie maximum weight for maximum reps)
- You must achieve the required Quantum Performance Score for your desired Certification Level (Trainer: Level 5; Coach: Level 6; Specialist: Level 7).
- The performance must be witnessed, recorded and submitted to us by an authorised Recomp Certified Specialist (note: sanctioned raw powerlifting competition results also accepted).
- You must diet and train yourself to achieve a sufficient improvement in your body composition in 8-weeks. (Note: bodybuilding competition exemptions may apply in limited cases)
- Your body composition must be measured by an authorised Recomp Certified Specialist (or DEXA scan) at the start and end. Costs are up to the service provider
- Your body recomposition must meet the required Quantum Recomposition Score (Trainer: 2000; Coach: 3000; Specialist: 5000)
Once you have passed the Recomposition Assessment you will have achieved the Trainer level Recomp Certification. The ISSN Certification is required for Coach and Specialist certification as well as the Recomp Insurance to cover nutrition.
Once you have completed all stages you will have earned your full Recomp Certification and your Recomp Specialist Insurance will expand to cover nutrition.